Maldives: The Maldives are home to some of the world’s most ravishing islands, but it’s the sea, which truly makes these islands shine.
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia: Shaped like a giant sombrero, this lush volcanic island stars in countless South Pacific fantasies.
- Palawan, Philippines: Palawan is the Philippines’ answer to paradise.
- Seychelles: Pristine and picture-perfect, the Seychelles are worth traveling for.
- Santorini, Greece: Encircling a sea-filled caldera, spectacular Santorini scores top points for its dramatic beauty.
6. The Cook Islands: If you’ve ever dreamed of being a castaway in the South Pacific, the Cook Islands are for you.
7. Bali, Indonesia: Bali’s intoxicating culture is a feast for the senses.
- The Dalmatian Islands, Croatia: In the Adriatic sea off the coast of Croatia, the Dalmatian Islands are an enchanting mix of relaxed charm and rich history.
9. Fiji: One of Australia’s go-to tropical escapes, Fiji ticks all the fantasy island boxes.
- Kaua’i, USA: Kaua’i is called “the Garden Isle” for good reason: rainforests cloak much of the interior, waterfalls tumble from lava cliffs, and the intoxicating fragrance of tropical blooms hangs heavy on the sultry air.